GRADSKA BOLNICA (BOLNICA SV. DUHA) RIJEKA – OKOLNOSTI PREMJEŠTAJA IZMEĐU DVAJU SVJETSKIH RATOVA
It is well known that the Rijeka City Hospital was transferred, in the period between the two world wars, from its old location (ex Cambieri Square), where the hospital had existed since 1823, into the complex of the up-to-then Navy Academy, where the hospital exists up to our days. Correcting the imprecise data from the literature on the time and the circumstances of the translocation, the present paper offers archival evidences of the taking over of the Navy Academy by the City Hospital already in 1919, as well as of its gradual moving in, its rebuilding, expanding, and modernization, which lasted for about fifteen years.
Key words: History of medicine, 20th century; hospitals, Rijeka, Croatia