LA SALA DEI QUARANTA NEL PALAZZO DEL BO A PADOVA
Sala dei Quaranta (Hall of the Forty) was completed between 1938 and 1942 during the last renovation of the Bo Palace of Padua University. It has been named after the painting representing forty illustrious foreign students from all over Europe. It also contains a cathedra from which, tradition has it, Galileo Galilei gave his famous lectures. The outstanding taste and intelligent sense of history with which Magnifico Rettore of that period, archaeologist Carlo Anti, arranged the hall, celebrate the European culture and the contribution of the University of Padua to its development.
Key words: History of Universities, Hall of the Forty, Padua